Today I thought I would find an easy DIY for decorations to put around the house. This is not only easy but it's also really cheap which is great when you're trying to save some money around the holidays!
With this DIY it would be a lot quicker and easier if you just use a free snowflake template from google like this one.
If like me your printer runs out of ink... I have the next best thing which is how to make your own!
What you'll need:
- Plain paper
- Different sized circle things to trace around
- Glue and glitter (optional)
What to do:
1. Trace around your circular shaped object.
2. Cut out circle.
3. Fold circle in half 3 times.
4. One one side draw out your template.
5. Cut out around the shape.
6. Open out shape.
7. Put shape into a heavy book to flatten out.
8. Repeat with lots of different shapes, sizes and patterns.
9. If you want you can make them sparkly by putting glue onto the the snowflake and then sprinkle loose glitter over it until you're pleased with the amount of sparkle.
Now you can just you blu-tac to attach them to a window or you can attach them to a string and use it as a garland to hang in a window.
Hope you enjoyed this easy, cheap holiday decoration idea, have fun creating your own patterns!
Just 3 days until Christmas!!